Fasting is a Form of Detoxification
Fasting is yet another holistic way to remove toxins. The ancient naturopathic healers recognized the natural tendency of people to their lose appetite when they were feeling ill, and therefore imparted the discipline of fasting on a regular basis to promote physical health. Fasting allows the body to eliminate waste material since it can use the energy that would normally be used to digest food for processing and eliminating waste materials and toxins.
With so many fasting programs and methods it can be confusing to decide which one to try and for how long. Before you begin any fasting program I suggest that you consult with your physician.
Fasting is not recommended for everyone. Fasting is contraindicated for pregnant and lactating mothers, for children not yet fully grown (still forming bone and teeth) and for all those suffering serious conditions requiring physician monitoring, including people with insulin-dependent type 1 diabetes.
Some benefits of periodic fasting:
- Gives all digestive, assimilative and eliminative organs a much-needed rest.
- Restores and normalizes glandular, metabolic and nervous-system functions.
- Speeds elimination of acid-forming mucus, toxic wastes, and dead cells.
- Accelerates new cell and tissue generation.
- Enhances cell oxygenation.
- Fasting introduces a heightened clarity of consciousness and enhanced innate spirituality, which we often forget we possess.
EAT CLEANER with THIS...
Dawn James, Conscious Living teacher, Sound/Energy Practitioner, Green Living Advocate, musician, and author of several books on conscious living and wellness including Raise your Vibration, Transform Your Life: A Practical Guide for Attaining Better Health, Vitality and Inner Peace, How to Raise The Vibration Around You, Raise the Vibration Between Us: Forgiveness, Karma, and Freedom (available in English, French, Spanish and Hindi). Learn more at RaisetheVibration.ca.