The practice of sungazing has existed as long as humans have occupied planet Earth.
In 1992 Hira Ratan Manek (HRM)- from India, started to share the benefits of sungazing with the western world.
Between 1962 and 1992 HRM studied the ancient practice of sungazing – and rediscovered that we can activate parts of the brain that are currently dormant. He also discovered that we can awaken inherent gifts and powers within ourselves to higher levels – in essence raising our frequency- and ability to co-create/manifest.
Sun energy is a power source that activates the brain through the eyes—the eyes act as a doorway.
SunGazing Myth #1
Staring at the sun can damage our eyes
Reality: safe sungazing does not harm the eyes – it makes eyes healthier.
Sungazing practices of the Mayans, Egyptians and Incan priests/priestesses, Native Americans and monks serve to remind us of this truth
SunGazing Tip #1
The safest time to sun gaze – the first hour of sunrise, within one hour of sunset.
Sun gazing is a one time practice that is typically done over a 9 months period in 3 phases (depending on the climate in your area)
8 Reasons To Try SunGazing!
- Activates areas of the brain that are currently dormant via the hypothalamus
- We receive vitamins A and D during the first hour of sunrise
- Brings balance to the mind; encourages a positive mindset
- Increases confidence
- You develop powers that are already inherent within you
- Problem-solving becomes easier – with increased brain function, comprehension, and heightened intuition
- Strengthen the hypothalamus tract – which acts as a critical link between the nervous system and the endocrine system via the pituitary gland
- Decreased appetite for traditional food, coupled with increasing energy levels
Want to learn how to safely begin a SUNGAZING practice?
Get a copy of How to Raise the Vibration around You – which contains an entire chapter devoted to sungazing
Dawn James, Conscious Living teacher, Sound/Energy Practitioner, Green Living Advocate, musician, and author of several books on conscious living and wellness including Raise your Vibration, Transform Your Life: A Practical Guide for Attaining Better Health, Vitality and Inner Peace, How to Raise The Vibration Around You, Raise the Vibration Between Us: Forgiveness, Karma, and Freedom (available in English, French, Spanish and Hindi). Learn more at RaisetheVibration.ca.